SWIMMING & POOL
Whether you’re looking for an activity to do with the family, a way to get healthy, the chance to join a team to compete, or to learn a life-saving skill, the Oshkosh Y offers something for everyone. Swimming teaches confidence, endurance, determination, teamwork and much more. Swimming at the Y helps people thrive- in and out of the water.
As the largest provider of swim lessons in the country, there’s no one more qualified than the Y to ensure swimmers build confidence with every stroke. In Y swim lessons, students learn water safety skills, build stroke technique, and develop skills that foster a lifetime of physical activity. Swim lessons are available for infants, youth, teens and adults.
OPEN SWIM | FAMILY POOL
Enjoy our open swim hours to take a leisure swim, enjoy the pool with your family, or relax you muscles after a work out. Our family pool options have plenty of features to keep the kids entertained and having fun.
Whether you are a beginning swimmer or on your way to the Olympics, the Y is a great place to make a splash! We offer lap lanes at both our Downtown and 20th Ave locations.
Members can enjoy water fitness classes free with their membership! Water fitness is a unique way to build strength and activate your muscles taking pressure off your joints. With shallow and deep water classes, even non-swimmers can enjoy opportunities to get in the water.
OSHY SWIM TEAM
The OSHY Dolphin Swim Team program is open to youth swimmers of any level. Our focus is to promote goal setting, sportsmanship and teamwork so that swimmers can achieve their goals in a positive environment. Swimmers will build strength, speed, and endurance while refining their technique in our swim team programs.
The YMCA partners with UW Oshkosh and Ripon college to provide adapted aquatics: an opportunity for swimmers of varying ability levels to enjoy the water. Guides will assist swimmers with aquatic activities and games to help them expand on their aquatic skills and enjoy being in the water.
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION & TRAININGS
Take your skills to the next level with a training or certification from the Y. Get certified as a lifeguard, learn lifesaving skills, work towards scout achievements, and more.
AQUATIC SPECIAL EVENTS & RENTALS
Find aquatic special events and information about renting the Y for your next pool party, field trip, or event! Many different rental packages are available.
The Y is committed to creating a fun, safe environment for our members. For this reason, all YMCA aquatics programs are conducted under the supervision of certified life guards and trained instructors. Here's what you can do to help us continue to make the Y a safe space for all:
- Please walk
- Wear a swimming suit in the aquatic centers
- Members under 14 may not use the whirlpool, sauna, or steam room
- Swim test required for lap pool
- Swim test required for lazy river and slide (20th) if under 4 ft. tall
- No flotation devices or goggles on slide (20th)
- Use lap swim and water fitness equipment for intended purposes only
- Outside equipment is subject to lifeguard approval
- Please do not touch water spouts, lane lines, or buoy ropes
- Only Oshkosh YMCA staff can coach, teach, or train individuals while they are on Oshkosh YMCA property, outside of sanctioned competitive events held here.
- Private swim lessons are subject to staff and pool space availability.
- Private swim lessons are available for swimmers over 3 years old and include adapted and adult lessons.
- Private lessons must be paid for before they can be scheduled.
- Before paying for private lessons, the swimmer (or parent/ guardian) must speak with the Aquatic Coordinator regarding goals & plans for the lesson.
- All private lessons are 30 minutes long.
- Swimmers must notify their instructor directly a minimum of 12 hours in advance to cancel their session.
- Each swimmer is allowed one free short notice (less than 12 hours) cancellation. Subsequent occurrences and/or no-show sessions are not eligible for free cancellations and will be billed.
- If a swimmer cannot complete a full session for any reason, they are billed for a full session.
- If the YMCA or the instructor cancels the session, the swimmer will not be billed.
- All unused sessions expire 3 months from date of purchase.
Members are encouraged to bring their own pool towel. Shower towels are available at the front desk.
The whirlpool, sauna, and steam room are available during regular aquatic center hours at both our 20th Ave and Downtown locations. They are available for members ages 14+. For updates about short term closures to the whirlpool, sauna, and steam room, download our free app.